Thursday 4 December 2008

Where has the week gone?

The week has disappeared in starting on the journey to becoming a life coach, job searches/applications, interviews with temping agencies, many hours of freelance work using Joomla, and generally re-aquainting myself with Winchester, and some of the people in it! It's been great being back on Campus at the University of Winchester where I still know so many people... it's a lovely, friendly, community-based University... of course it's not perfect, but I like it!

Discovery Centre
I was very impressed to get a chance for a real look at the Discovery Centre (formerly 'The Library). Spectacular looking building, friendly staff (although I'm not too sure about the 'sweatshirt' look), and up-to-date books which I want to borrow (alongside a cafe, a shop, internet access, an art gallery, and I don't know what else yet). It was easy to sign up, and I have already made use of a number of the facilities, and I've only really been inside for about half-an-hour.

No comments: