Saturday 11 April 2009

Random Wanderings Around the Net...

Barbara Sher

My random wanderings around the web tonight started with an email from Barbara Sher... I picked up her "What do I do if I want to do everything?" before I went travelling, and it was a great revelation (I need to do the activities, although I read the book cover to cover!)... scanners are not diletantes, but exceptionally intelligent with a lively sense of curiosity! Listen to Barbara Sher (geniuspress) talking about ideas she's been working with for over 30 years (or follow her on Twitter: http://twitter.com/barbarasher):



Scanner Links

John Williams, aka "The Creative Maverick" (first came across in careershifters... yes, this man is a true scanner!) is the obvious man to follow. Inspired after a retreat with Barbara Sher, he set up Scanner Central in London (no, I've not made it there either). For the April event we've apparently just missed Beyond Chocolate (which I remember seeing on the TV at some point, if it's been around for a while).

Other Links
  • Checked out "Gifted Adults" on Google, see also here, after Sher indicates that many scanners are also gifted adults... I fit quite a lot of the bulleted list, but I'm definitely no introvert! Is that a form of cyberchondria?.
  • Yesterday I found myself on Martin Seligman's Authentic Happiness pages
  • In December I went on a course with Chantal Cooke, Nick Williams, Niki Hignett
  • Tonight I downloaded 'The Imposter Syndrome' article..., I can remember talking about this with one of my PhD supervisors (Professor Joyce Goodman) - it's very common amongst female academics, apparently! (Also on "Changing Course" with Barbara Sher and Barbara Winter... who works with Nick Williams!)
  • Checked out "Anybody", which looks to challenge the links between culture and body image.
  • Rechecked Serenergise, where I gained my ICF-Accredited coaching certification.
  • Rechecked PALS, which I need to see if I can unzip now I have a laptop that works... David Lett and John Evans, who have a vision to get more life-coaching style skills into schools.
  • Checked out "The School of Life", where you're being asked to rebel against APPLYING for jobs, and to create your own job spec, and see if employers pick up on it. Well, why not?
  • Read an article on Eric Gill, recommended by @tonywatkins on Twitter.... for whom I'm supposed to be writing an article tonight, instead of which I'm surfing. I'll get there!
  • This morning I read C.S. Lewis's "The Screwtape Letters" - thought-provoking stuff (see p.46, where Screwtape encourages Wormwood to let the humans think that 'religious' is just another phase to go through...)

1 comment:

PancerBali said...

t’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreRee Bali ***,hjuy8u