Tuesday 9 June 2009

Churches' Media Council, 2009


Currently at the Churches' Media Council (officially retired last night, to be renamed the Church and Media Network) Conference in Swanwick, Derbyshire. Already over halfway through, and it's really interesting. Haven't got time for a full-blog as need to get back into the swing, but thought I would register my presence here, and can add a blog, or blogs later, as the mood takes!

So far we have already heard from:
Plus I've been to Strand events on "Online and New Media" (see photo 1, photo 2) and Fringe Events on "Googling God" and "Bliss Radio", plus chatted with several people and eaten far too much stodge! Special dinner in about 15 minutes! We still have more to come tomorrow...

Twitter at #cmconf
With no official hashtag designed for the conference, and #cmc and #cmc09 already in use by other organisations, have started the hashtag #cmconf, which would be great to use longer-term! I have identified the following Twitterers as being at this conference, mostly by searching for "churches media", but also identifying some face-to-face. Today I've worn my "Keep Calm and Carry On" t-shirt to help identification of me: http://www.twitter.com/drbexl:
Unfinishedchris is also here, but (s)he wants their identity kept a secret!

No comments: