Tuesday 17 March 2009

The athlete in me!!!

The 'have a go hero(ine)'...! Aside from my PhD where I am undoubtedly the world's expert on British Home Front Propaganda Posters, see http://www.ww2poster.co.uk/ (well, it's a niche!), I am one of life's explorers! I like to remain open to the possibilities of what is going on out there... I usually have a flexible plan for what I want to achieve, and am highly aware of the areas that I'm interested in, but as a bit of a meerkat (well, that was the animal I chose to describe myself as for my life-coaching course), I like to get an overview, and am always looking around for new possibilities!

So, in that whole paragraph, how much athletics did I mention... not a lot, but in the spirit of that paragraph I probably wouldn't be renowned for my athletic prowess in any sport as I flirt with many... like to meet my challenges to a certain level, then I'm ready to try something new:

Lover of circuit training (and most other non-dancy gym classes), give me another go at Kickboxing soon please!
2 x 10k Runs (about to get back into the swing of this)
Certified PADI Open Water Diver
Skier... I can complete a black run without falling over... sometimes!
15,000 foot skydiver
Hiked the Inca Trail (and other walking trips on my round-the-world travels)
Climbed the highest point of Montserrat, near Barcelona
Completed the Moonwalk (26.2 miles overnight), in preparation for which walked about 6 miles per day to work/back!

So, looks like walking might be the winner... all exercises the brain... and for most of my sessions it's exercises the mouth too... yes, I have to admit, that's probably most what I like about the exercise... the chance for a conversation... multi-tasking in a feminine way!

Wow, I quite like this Plinky thing... one short question and many different ideas, all answered in different ways!


No comments: