Tuesday 17 March 2009

You Only Have One Life: Live It Well

It's such a pain not having a functional (internet) computer at home, can take a little while to get around to these things, and fit them around the sheer volume of work that is currently coming in! Living by my mantra of if you're going to do something, do it on time and do it well... keeps getting me more work! Just got to keep believing it's going to keep coming, although am putting my best foot forward for a full-time post also!

One Life Live
A great event hosted over the weekend at Kensington Olympia! I've been looking forward to going to this for months, having pre-purchased my ticket via Psychologies magazine (and then getting special offers from several other RSS feeds I subscribe to - hey, you win some, you lose some!) ages ago!

The event was structured into a number of zones:

  • New careers & Learning
  • Free Time
  • Be Your Own Boss
  • Health & Wellbeing
  • Travel & Career Breaks
  • Sustainable Living
  • Life Change
  • Volunteering & Fundraising

Hmmmm
I LOVE learning, so I checked out a bit of that, wandered around the 'be your own boss', but I'm aware (but haven't quite read) most of that literature, and of course was checking out the 'Life Change' areas, but as always, I gravitate towards the travel and volunteering sections... very inspiring to see the ways in which you can combine travel with so many other things... I may return with specifics of companies, but right now I need to learn how to use Wordpress!

Sponsorship
As I said, interested in the volunteering section, so put my actions where my feet were, and signed up to do The Big Sleep Out at Winchester Cathedral on 15th May: http://www.justgiving.com/drbexl

No comments: