Tuesday 10 March 2009

Social Networking World Forum

9th March: My Birthday! How do I choose to spend it? The morning on catching up with some sleep, and the afternoon at the Social Networking World Forum (with an evening with Helene to look forward to):

This was the inaugural conference in the UK, and I remember seeing the date for next year already, although strangely enough cannot now find it on the site! I couldn't afford the conference fees (replacing my broken laptop is a much higher priority!), but was able to get the free exhibition pass, which also included a couple of free workshops offered by Tempero and the Facebook Developer Garage. Exhibition itself was pretty small, but I would expect it to grow in future years.

Throwing Sheep in the Boardroom
The guys on all the stands were all friendly, but had quite an extended chat with the guys on the Wiley publishing stand, as I finally purchased 'Throwing Sheep in the Boardroom: How Online Social Networking Will Transform Your Life, Work and World', which I'd been considering for a while. They offered me chocolate too, which always go down well (although now, come to think of it, I forgot to take it). Can see potential for academic modules from this kind of material!

Also had extended conversations with the guys from BT Tradespace and WebJam, and very impressed by the speed of contact from the guys at the Digital Training Academy. Hmmm... who else...

No comments: