Tuesday 21 July 2009

Bex is totally addicted


"Bex is totally addicted: she can’t resist a sale sign, can’t ignore a new pair of Prada shoes and can convince herself that she ‘needs’ it all. Shopping to Bex is better than falling in love:
‘You know that thing when you see someone cute and he smiles, and your heart kinda goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast? Well, that’s what it’s like when I see a store, only its better’.

Bex is a shopaholic. She sees shopping as infinitely satisfying, unlike men: ‘You see, a man will never love you or treat you as well as a store. If a man doesn’t fit you can’t exchange him seven days later for a gorgeous cashmere sweater."

Woah, thought somewas was defaming me, but no, it's Becca Cockram's review of 'Confessions of a Shopaholic'. I think my friend Kate would say that I'm capable of convincing myself that I "need" what I buy, but after having to hoik a load of stuff around whilst travelling, I'd rather have less "stuff" and have more fun!

No comments: