Thursday 2 July 2009

Scanner? For Sure!


I love this from Barbara Sher: "you wouldn't ask a bird to pull a plough. It's not cos it's an inferior bird, a naughty bird or a lazy bird. It's just cos it does other stuff and there are animals who do that... it's their thing, they know how to pull a plough. And there are people who do the things you don't like to do, and they like to do them, and they'll do them better than you'll ever do them on your best day because they get a kick out of it!"

Barbara Sher
First came across Barbara Sher in 2007, when I was trying to decide what I SHOULD do "for the rest of my life", not sure that's for me, and coming to terms with the fact that I can do many things, and that my passion for doing them means that I'll do them well, but there reaches a point where I'm done! I have noted, however, that my interests circulate around learning/research, teaching/academia (post-compulsory), communication, community creation (online, including new media or offline) and contemporary Christianity!

Scanners Night, 8th July
Looking forward to going to a Scanner's Night in London next Wednesday (organised by John Williams), with San Sharma, a Social Media Consultant.

No comments: